2025 - Onwards and Upwards

     The second half of 2024 wasn't great.  We lost our Hitchy Boy (see earlier post), track bike troubles and I was sick more than in the last 5 years combined including two bouts of pneumonia - one "'mild", one not.  So much time spent being sick, or at work or not in the right headspace meant I barely did any riding at all on either of my bikes. 

    On the upside we finally had drawers installed in the Landcruiser so now I can load it up with our touring gear and actually get out and about again both with and without the camper.  It has been way too long.  I chose RVSS (used to be Black Widow) Ecolite drawers and they will do just fine. 







    Now for the mighty Ninja.  This bike is great and I love riding it so it was that I was very much looking forward to a ride up Mt Glorious yesterday.  I set the alarm for 0500, rolled over and reset it to 0730 which is standard procedure.  I put on my gear, fired up the bike and did a light check and discovered that the left rear indicator was U/S.  I groaned not just because my ride wasn't going to happen that day but also because I knew exactly what's involved just to get to the indicators.  Basically Kawasaki started with the rear indicators and built the rest of the bike around them!   I call to my local moto mechanic yielded results as he has the correct lights in stock so $60 and an hour round trip later I had a new set.  


    It took me most of the afternoon as it's fiddly work but the new indicators are fitted and bike is operational again.  Hopefully it gets a ride tomorrow if the BoM forecast is as accurate as the last three days.  





A final test to ensure correct L/R orientation and no faults...



Bike is now back together and good to go.  










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 Mini Icicle Ride

Return to the track

Update for the last year